SAT Test Scores
Make a Difference If your dreams include going to college, then your SAT test scores…
Are you gearing up to take the SAT like thousands of other students? The day is close to arriving and your nervousness reaches peak levels. Does this sound like you? There are things you can do to avoid undue stress if you follow some SAT keys to success. The best thing you can do is relax the night before, eat a reasonable breakfast on the morning of the SAT, and relax. Easier said than done, I know. But it is one of the most important SAT keys to success.
Keep the following tips in mind the night before your SAT:
1. Whatever you do, do not practice or study for your SAT the day or night before. If you do not know it by now then it is too late for tomorrow. Studying the night before will not help and just send your pressure levels through the roof.
2. Relax, go out to dinner, and see a movie.
3. Do not go to bed early if you are not tired. You will just lie there worrying about the SAT tomorrow.
4. Get organized. Have your bag packed the night before so you are not rushing around in the morning and end up forgetting something. Make sure you have your admission ticket, a good eraser, some wooden (not mechanical) number 2 pencils, your photo identification, a water bottle, something to read while you are waiting, and a calculator.
Now it is the morning of your test, follow these SAT keys for success:
1. Whether you usually eat breakfast or not, this is one morning you should make sure you do. You need all the energy you can get to fuel your powers of concentration and memory.
2. Dress in layers of clothes so you can take something off or put it back on if you get too hot or cold in the test room. This way you can control your body temperature and not be distracted by the heat or the cold.
3. Do not be late. Give yourself plenty of time to get to the SAT test center. You do not want to be in a rush. Your stress levels will just rise and you will probably have to line up when you get there to check in.
4. Keep in mind the sat key that not everyone in the room will be as prepared for the test as you so you will be answering questions while they are still reading the directions.
5. Before each section of the SAT begins, review how you are going to approach answering the questions and do not let your nerves push you into a panic.
6. Once you answer a question, dump it from your mind and move onto the next one. Do not let some silly question distract you for the rest of the test.
7. Do your best on each question and you may have to guess the answers of a few to move through any questions you have no idea how to answer.
8. One of the important sat keys is keep to yourself during the breaks. Do not talk or listen to anyone around you. You do not want to be distracted from achieving the SAT scores you need by listening to a whole lot of idle gossip.
9. If you look at a question and go blank and panic, don’t. Remember that everyone else is in the same boat. Use a process of elimination to at least take you one step towards answering the question. Often eliminating an answer helps you to see how to solve the rest of the problem.
10. At the start of each section go through and quickly answer all the questions you can answer and then go back and answer the harder ones.This sat key will pay you a lot.
There are two parts to the maths section; student generated answers and multiple choice answers. When answering the multiple choice questions, do not work backwards as it takes too long. If it is taking too many calculations to work out the answer, then you are probably missing something. Look for a quicker way to arrive at the correct answer.For the questions that require you to generate the correct answer, make sure you answer all these questions as you are not penalized for a wrong answer, only for missed answers.